GuidelinesGuidelines   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   BookmarksBookmarks    RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Connection between the mind and music.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taisen

Cloakroom Duty

Vibes: 0.02

Member #: 4,202

Post Post subject: Connection between the mind and music. Reply with quote

Only people that are going to be reading this one are probably just the hippies! >=) Oh well... nice well minded people. Exploring the mind just seems very intersting to me. I'm sorry. Think about this... Why do people comunicate with eachother? Well no shit.. the answer is easy, BUT isn't part of comunicating to relate to other people with positive words on related subjects? Read it again if you didn't understand that but the answer is yes. >=) Now... what if a person got beyond that... to where they wouldn't even have to say anything to this other person, like that person just knew it was cool and there was piece in the room without even speaking a word?
Post rating: 2 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:21 pm
davehart

i:Vibes Admin

Vibes: 564.14

Member #: 910

Post Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading the thoughts of others thinking, interesting. To an extent you can by picking up on body language and actions. With the connections between the mind and music, you can express your mind feeling through the type of music you produce.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Taisen

Cloakroom Duty

absolutely. People connect with other people through music. The words in music are very important to the one speaking them. Maybe not as much in techno as in lets say rock... but they both portray feelings. In some vocal techno one speaks more of illegal lust than heart >=). Yea... lol Twisted Evil
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 5:25 am
davehart

Good emotional type music that I love are power ballards and 80's pop and rock stuff.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:28 am
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Taisen

Cloakroom Duty

sorr if I sounded a little cheesy... I had ben partying A LOT. but... hell yea man your a lot of help in mostly every forum I've read.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:49 am
Vincent Nicolas
Peace, Love, Unity, Respect and TRANCE
Dancefloor Maniac

Vibes: 12.14

Member #: 3,222

music enhances your mind. not the other way around....
move your body, find yourself

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:35 am
Taisen

Cloakroom Duty

well... my mind gets lost in the music during... certain... times... SO I guess its a little of both. Twisted Evil I mean theres a reason in the mind that gets opend and nothing else matters. When i say lost I mean its pretty much like a trance in itself. I guess thats what happends when people dance as well.
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:20 pm
Taisen

Cloakroom Duty

When you open your mind and the music talks to you, is that sibliminal? ...thats not cool, because I like the music enough to let them tell my mind about E and all this shit and how good it feels... it's not right though... the music kinda controlls me in a subcontious way when they do that. That could be how China's economy isn't working good... because of all the opium dens. All those people wasting away on drugs and getting controlled by music.....what do you think?
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:08 am
Viceroy
Sam
Club Franchise Owner

Vibes: 230.33

Member #: 3,192

Taisen wrote:
When you open your mind and the music talks to you, is that sibliminal? ...thats not cool, because I like the music enough to let them tell my mind about E and all this shit and how good it feels... it's not right though... the music kinda controlls me in a subcontious way when they do that. That could be how China's economy isn't working good... because of all the opium dens. All those people wasting away on drugs and getting controlled by music.....what do you think?

I thought China's economy was doing good.

Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain.
-Friedrich von Schiller
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:27 am
misper

Getting acquainted

Vibes: 0.01

Member #: 4,300
Location: the funny shaped island off the N.W coast of europe

theres clubbin & theres clubbin
theres a diffrence btween just goin to a club & just loiterin, & gettin in amongst the action & immersin yerself in the vibe...

the times i wuz "avin it" a 'lil bit more than usual, not realisin, turn round & notice EVRYONE is also on a mission, on exactly the same wavelenghth.... thats special. u can feel it... all peeps around me wer wired, like it wuz sumfink in the air! this has happened a few times, usually half an hour from wen the main crowd have come in from the pub, joining those of us who came in early.... all of a sudden, sumfink good kickin off... the BIG party atmosphere wuz in, tho it wuz just anuther weekly!
also, there wuz a gr8 gellin together of the peeps with the stix. the effort was there!!

personally, & musically, the prog & trance send me off into another place. it is then that u realise u aint just ther 4 a "liccle dance"... it feels more important than that! u feel it. u understand wer the person who made it is coming from - tellin a story thru music, take u on a journey

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
davehart

When it comes to telling a story and taking you on a journey, I never really belive that. I never really think they are, bit hard to when your just mixing tunes. I know Mr Sanchez says he likes taking people on a journey with his sets being mostly 8 hours, but for me thats just a little too extreme. Surly you have to take a piss? Smile
Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:05 pm
misper

Getting acquainted

Vibes: 0.01

Member #: 4,300
Location: the funny shaped island off the N.W coast of europe

Wink aye, true.dat

depends on the music being played tho.
theres sum noice sounds comin out of these little electronic boxes, u kno!.. some of them r dark & gnarly, others r qt trippy

even more trippy if u add a gorgeous female vocal to the record!

Post rating: 0 Rate this post: Not logged in PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [i:Vibes] Forum Index -> Other discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: